LESLIE J. THOMPSON is a seasoned copywriter and freelance journalist with extensive experience creating print and Web content across a range of industries. Her exceptional portfolio includes feature articles for trade and consumer publications, marketing collateral, press releases, and online content.
Today, Leslie focuses her talents on speaking and writing for predominantly Christian audiences. Her signature message, He is Faithful, brings a message of hope to those who have experienced tragedy or loss, helping strengthen and restore their faith in God. Through her personal testimony and inspiring passages of Scripture, Leslie reminds the audience that no matter how things may appear in the moment, God works all things for good for those who love Him.
Leslie currently lives outside of Dallas, TX, and enjoys traveling the globe. She lived in Germany as a teenager and has visited more than 20 countries, including Japan, Israel, Norway, Canada, Mexico, and just about all of Europe. She also has gone on several missions to Honduras and Guatemala and eagerly awaits the next opportunity to visit Latin America, despite not speaking a lick of Spanish.
The list below offers a sample of her freelance clients through the years and previous employment history. Leslie still contributes regularly to regional magazines and also offers her services as a book coach and ghostwriter to select clients. To discuss a potential project or book Leslie as a speaker, please email leslie [at] lesliejthompson [dot] com, or call 972.436.9500.*
*This number cannot receive text messages.
The following list of past clients and projects is by no means exhaustive and is intended to show the breadth and depth of Leslie’s previous experience as a copywriter, ghostwriter, and journalist.
- Regular contributor to Dallas Style & Design, Charleston Style & Design, Atomic Ranch, Denton County Magazine, Success from Home, and Dallas Child magazines (2016 – present)
- Contributing writer for Horsesmouth.com online magazine and resource center for financial advisors (2004-2008) and AdvisorMax.com (2006-2008)
- Ghostwriter for God’s Money Flow: The Creator’s System to Build and Manage Wealth
- Ghostwriter/collaborator for Selling in a Skirt: The Secrets Women Don’t Know They Know About Sales (And What Men Should Know, Too) and Famous Isn’t Enough: Earning Your Fortune as an Entrepreneur (both credited to Judy Hoberman)
- Ghostwriter for It’s More Than Money, It’s Your Life (2003; credited to Candace Bahr, CEA, and Ginita Wall, CPA, founders of Women’s Institute for Financial Education)
- Numerous consumer and trade magazines, including Cosmopolitan, Modern Living, Essential Oils, Hacked, CURE, Registered Rep, SUCCESS, Neurology Reviews, Internet World and TICKER (contributing writer 1997-2001)
- Co-author of Weight Loss Surgery Insurance Secrets (eBook)
- AOL Digital City (restaurant reviews)
COPYWRITING (sample client list)
- American Heart Association (monthly e-Newsletters for several different readerships; e.g., Caregiver, Heart Attack, PAD)
- Neiman Marcus (catalog copy for The Book)
- BenefitMall (numerous white papers)
- Dept. of Defense Education Activity (through Maximus; brochure copy)
- Rackspace (case studies)
- Lyric / MyTelemedicine (press releases)
- The Botsford Group (quarterly newsletter and various marketing brochures and seminar invitations for financial services advisory firm)
- More Cabbage (website copy for clients across various industries, from automotive repair to oil pipeline maintenance)
- The Newsletter Company (quarterly newsletter for HVAC professionals)
- Noggin/The N network (video scripts for several brand integration proposals to Proctor & Gamble)
- The Conference Publishers (meeting summary reports)
- Zachry Associates (email campaigns, website copy, and video scripts for client accounts)
- SplashMedia (video scripts for training on software applications)
- LiveAuctioneers (media kit and press releases)
- KRMT accounting firm (brochure copy)
- Eye-Q (sell sheet)
- Execu-Search.com (site copy and monthly e-Newsletter)
- Petfoodcentral.com (landing page)
Voyager Expanded Learning — Dallas, TX
Director of Corporate Communications August 2005 – March 2006
Director of Marketing February 2005 – August 2006
Marketing Manager February 2004 – February 2005
ATOMIC Magazine — New York, NY
Editor & Publisher April 1999 – October 2003
Prudential Securities Incorporated — New York, NY
Associate Vice President/Manager of Editorial Services July 1998 – April 1999
Associate Vice President/Editor June 1996 – June 1998
Writer Nov. 1995 – May 1996
American International Group, Inc. — New York, NY
Editor Feb. 1994 – Nov. 1995
New Woman Magazine — New York, NY
Editorial Intern Jan. – Aug. 1993
New York University New York, NY
MA in Journalism with a specialization in Magazine Journalism, Dec. 1993.
Teaching Assistant, Media in America, Jan.-May 1993.
Runner up, Jessica Savitch/New York Women in Communication Scholarship, 1993.
Georgetown University Washington, DC
BSLA in German, May 1991, magna cum laude (GPA 3.8); English minor.
Regent’s Citation for excellence in academics and extracurricular activities, May 1991.
INGE Fellowship for excellence in German studies, 1988.